11 May 2009

News from Carlos : Dr Einhorn and the hospital

Noticias do Carlos: Dr Einhorn e o hospital
(see below for english)

Hoje visitei o hospital, e tive uma consulta com Dr Einhorn, a maior autoridade no assunto (cancer germinativo). O consultorio era exatamente como imaginava, tinha a camisa do Lance enquadrada e autografada, varias fotos dele, reportagens de revistas e dedicatorias dele para o hospital. Quase todos os pacientes e medicos usam o bracelete amarelo do “Live Strong”. As enfermeiras muito atenciosas e simpaticas, enfim, me senti em casa.

Dr Einhorn fisicamente lembra o Woody Allen, beirando os 70 mas muito simpatico e atencioso. Fiquei muito feliz com a consulta e esperancoso, eles sao os pioneiros nesse tratamento e tem feito ajustes nos ultimos anos com base as estatisticas e novas pesquisas. Por exemplo, alem das duas quimios (que sao 5 vezes mais forte que uma quimio normal), ficarei tomando uma quimio via oral durante dois meses, algo que melhora as chances de cura.

Logico sera durissimo, mas estou preparado e com energia para comecar isso logo. Acho que deve ser a corrente de todo o mundo que me passa forca. Amanha mudamos para um apartamento, espero que a Julia comece a ter uma rotina porque ela sente falta disso.

***************************************************************************

Today I visited the hospital, and I had a consultation with Dr Einhorn, the best in this area (germinative cancer). His office is as I imagined it : Lance Armstrong's T-shirt (signed by himself) in a frame, many pictures of him, magazine reports, and his dedications to the hospital. Almost all the patients and doctors use the yellow bracelet "Live Strong". The nurses ate nice and attentive, I felt like home.


Dr Einhorn physically reminds me Woody Allen, almost 70 and very friendly and attentive. I felt really happy and hopeful after the consultation. They are pioneer in this treatment and have worked on adjustments in the past few years based on statistics and new research. For example, in addition to the 2 chemo (5 times stronger than the normal chemo), I will also take an oral chemo for 2 months, to increase the chances of recovery.


Of course this will be hard, but I am prepared to start it soon. I think this is due to the chain of you all that gives me energy. Tomorrow we will move to an appartement, I hope Julia will have her routine back, I think she miss it.


1 comment:

  1. Be strong, our thoughts are with you! At the end all will be fine. PK and Claudia

    ReplyDelete